Friday, March 15, 2013

The Power of Positive Thinking

I've had a couple of occasions today to remember my husband's comment on CBT, most particularly on this book. 

It's ironic really, in a week where my irony levels have already been dangerously high, that once was when a friend wondered on the basis of good evidence whether it would be a good match, and the other was when another friend declared that it definitely was.

His summary? "750 pages of pull-yourself together".

He's not a fan. I can see why and if ordinary, sit down and make a list and work out where your errors are so that you can counteract them CBT wasn't bad enough , there's CBT-E where you sit down and make a list of what you've eaten and how bad you feel about it and are able to challenge those feelings, or not!

So, evidence-based and everything else, if lists of negatives aren't for me yet, and may never be for mine, what about a nice little list of positive things.

Todays challenge is to THINK MORE POSITIVELY Make a list of the good things in your life and thank God for them.

It could be twee. It could be  truly revolting. It could be a very short list. But I'm going to give it a go and make it into something I like.
 Wordle: Untitled

No comments: