Sunday, May 12, 2013

cheating!

Last night I went to a quiz night organised by Kathryn. It was a lovely night and I really enjoyed it, however being parted from my internet connection, even via my phone, for three hours was hard.

The reason I wasn't allowed to use the internet was obvious - to do so might have involved cheating.

As the great Tom Lehrer noted, there's a fine line between cheating and research. 

I'm definitely crossing it here. Instead of my own blog, I give you, and more importantly ME, someone else's.

Here is ONE MORE MUM'S blog post about her dear son J. In a week in which I had begun to doubt whether pursuing an assessment for my daughter for Autism was a good idea, I am much encouraged by this. I think it's probably a good idea for everyone, whether they have what are euphemistically called "special needs" or not, to be encouraged to do what they are good at rather than made to do what they find impossible.

No comments: