Thursday, October 25, 2018

Nanny's still FEASTing

I recently lost my keys and in the awkward time between realising that they were lost and the happy realisation that the sofa had eaten them, I had to report their loss to the police. They actually have rather a lot of distinguishing features, most obviously that there are so many of them. Work (three sites), home, car, bike, shed, church, my mother's..... but perhaps the most identifiable is a key ring similar to this but wooden in the form of butterflies, stating proudly that I belong to my two grand daughters.

I do.

I'm officially old. Nearly a year older than last time I blogged.

Hopefully that gives me the excuse to repeat myself.

I STILL support FEAST.
I'm still somewhat of a thorn in the side of people, whether they are hostile or friendly, who think that FEAST stands for one thing, only welcomes one kind of carer.
I am still fascinated by the history of the treatment of eating disorders. This means I will still go on and on about "Maudsley" or "FBT" or "CBT" when others have become bored rigid
I still appreciate most the personal contact with people and the genuine friendships made through FEAST over the years.




No comments: